Tech

Wednesday 15 June 2011

True or False? iPhone Users vs. Android Users




I came across this little graphic the other day and all I could think was, “So true!” If it’s one thing I love in Android, it’s the community. Whether it’s on Twitter or Facebook the fact that a single mobile OS could bring together people from every walk of life is truly amazing/nerdy/magical. I honestly can’t tell you how many conversations I’ve started, or people have started with me regarding nothing other than my Android powered device. For instance, I saw this guy seriously rocking an HTC Legend at Costco the other day and immediately striked up a conversation trying to get my hands on it (the phone, that is).
This is in no way bashing, iPhone users. They’re cool people too. I just feel like that particular smartphone in general is a lot more mainstream than any one specific Android powered device. I don’t usually see people as excited about their iPhone as say, someone who has the latest Android powered superphone. And that’s fine. I still think the iPhone is cool (I pretty much love anything that has a microchip in it) and I’m not trying to start a flame war here.
Its just when it comes to Android power users, the ones who have fallen in love with the OS, we are the ones who tend to be a little more social when it comes to devices (as pictured above). I mean, many times it’s us, the vocal minority, who continue to shape the landscape of the mobile industry demanding the highest powered phones, latest firmware and unlocked bootloaders for the rest of the casual to benefit from. We’re the ones who get our family members on board. We’re the ones who offer countless hours of “tech support” to friends and families. We’re the ones who make a difference. Well, as much as a smartphone can make in someone’s life.
So what do you guys think? Think this image is true or false? Care to share any instances (no matter how old) where you saw someone with a new or rare Android phone and maybe struck up a convo because of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment