Tech

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Steve Wozniak finds voice commands better on Android


Steve Wozniak, one of the co-founders of Apple stated in an interview with The Daily Beast that, although the iPhone is the best smartphone out there and his primary phone is an iPhone, there are ways in which Android phones outdo iPhones. He said, "My primary phone is the iPhone. I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does, I really do." Wozniak stated that the voice command systems on Android phones work way better than the ones on the iPhone. Furthermore, the in-built navigation systems that allow the phone or tablet to function like a GPS device is another advantage.
The Woz sticks up for Android
The Woz sticks up for Android


Wozniak says that even though Android phones are not as simple to use as iPhones, they aren't too complicated, either. He added that if a user is willing to do the work and understand the device a little bit, there's more that it can offer in some more ways than the iPhone. Woz's biggest complaint is Siri. He said that when Siri was a seperate application, it worked way better than how it now works on the iPhone 4S. Siri often performs irrelavant searches, for example, when asked for prime numbers above 8, she answered with listings for prime rib and prime real estate.

Furthermore, he said that Siri has problems placing phone calls and connecting to back-end servers. He said, I’ll be saying, over and over again in my car, ‘Call the Lark Creek Steak House,’ and I can’t get it done. Then I pick up my Android, say the same thing, and it’s done.

No comments:

Post a Comment